You are here2007 Presidential Message
2007 Presidential Message
Dr. Sheng-Dong Liu
It is my great honor to serve you in 2007 as the president of DCEA, an organization with over 25 years of great history - one of the oldest within the Chinese American Community in the Southeastern Michigan. With the vision of advancing in technology and career, DCEA promotes technical excellence and innovations, provide a global network, disseminate information on career and business opportunities, and promote cultural awareness and the value of diversity.
With strong support from the 2007 DCEA board members and advisors, I believe that we can make DCEA ever stronger. DCEA just had a wonderful year under the 2006 President, Dr. Yucong Wang. In 2007, we will strive to serve our members even better. We will focus our work in the following areas:
1. DCEA will provide a strong program in its ¡°trademark¡± technical conference with great local and overseas speakers in April with a theme on ¡°Hybrid Vehicle Technologies¡±.
2. In addition to the technical seminar, DCEA will organize career development and business development seminars throughout the year.
3. DCEA will continue its tradition by supporting and recognizing the outstanding students who are in or will be entering the engineering fields.
4. DCEA will further strengthen its connections with SAE International, SAE China and Taiwan SAE in this globalization environment. DCEA will be working with SAE China to provide our members career opportunities in the US and China.
5. DCEA will work more closely with other professional organizations in Michigan, and in the world. Especially, DCEA will continue its excellent working relations with other local Chinese and Asian American organizations, such as CAGD, DCBA, CASMi, ACA, CAPA, APACC, etc. We will strengthen our relationships with GM Chinese Affinity Group, Ford Chinese Association and DaimlerChrysler Asian Network.
6. DCEA will continue its supports to Robofest show at Lawrence Technological University. DCEA will co-sponsor with the University of Michigan and IEEE for 2007 IEEE Southeast Michigan Section Conference on hybrid electrical vehicles.
7. With its approval of 501 (c) (3) exempt status, DCEA will further strengthen its infrastructures to make it more efficient and effective to serve its members with better communications, website capabilities, membership database, planning, public relations, fundraising as well as operational guidelines.
Here, I would like to acknowledge our sponsors in 2006 and look forward to having their continued support in the future: General Motors Corporation, Ford Motor Company, DaimlerChrysler Corporation, ArvinMeritor, Inc., ETA, Inc, Optimal, Inc., Engineous, Inc, Generalety, LLC and Lawrence Technological University. Their generous support made all the DCEA events possible.
In the end, I would like to introduce our officers, board members and advisors and their general duties:
Dr. Sheng-Dong Liu, (Generalety, LLC), President
Dr. Sam Guo, (Yazaki), Inc, Vice President and Technical Programs
Dr. Qian Zou, (Oakland University), Secretary
Dr. Honglu Wang, (DaimlerChrysler Corporation), Treasurer and Finance
Dr. Ruth Gao, (Ford Motor Company), Ford Liaison
Dr. Junwen Hou, (DaimlerChrysler Corporation), DaimlerChrysler Liaison
Dr. Jianping Sheng, (TRW), Public Relations
Dr. Fanghui Shi, (General Motors Corporation), Web Manager
Dr. Yucong Wang, (General Motors Corporation), Fund Raising
Dr. Yiqing Yuan, (DaimlerChrysler Corporation), Communications
Dr. Ben Zhou, (General Motors Corporation), Membership
Dr. Tai Chan, (General Motors Corporation), GM Liaison
Dr. David Chang, (General Motors Corporation, retired)
Dr. Jie Du, (J.D. Power & Associates)
Dr. Jamie Hsu, (Lawrence Technological University)
Dr. Jane Liu, (Ford China), China Liaison
Dr. Alan Luo, (General Motors Corporation)
Dr. Ming F. Shi, (US Steel Corporation)
Dr. Shan Shih, (ArvinMeritor, Inc.)
Dr. Kingman Yee, (Lawrence Technological University)