DCEA's Newletters, Mar 2011, Volume 2, No. 2
DCEA 2011 Fall Automotive Symposium
- Material Theme: New Materials Technology to Meet Future Automotive Challenges
Dr. Hsu’s seminar will cover the following major topics:
1. Put career development in perspective and in the context of goals in life.
2. Strategies for career development
3. Developing skills (communication, human relation, leadership, project management, synthesis, conflict resolution, elevator speech)
4. Careers in the changing world, in US, and in China
5. Case studies, ( we will have one hour of time to let members share life stories of career development and ask Dr. Hsu to make detailed analysis, and provide expert opinions.)
Dear DCEA members, sponsors and friends,
To better serve our members and community, DCEA has recently formed a Technical Council to further promote technical and professional exchange and cooperation. The fundamental structure and duties of the council and its current committees in different specialized fields are as follows:
Name: DCEA Technical Council
Secretariat of the Council:
1. Chair, Overall operation - Zifeng Nie (email@example.com)
2. Vice Chair, Organization & coordination - Jiaquan Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Directors, Retired Specialists and Engineers - Daqing Zou (email@example.com), Jialou Hu
4. Directors, Administration & Secretarial - Ning Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yubing Ji
Specialized Committees (or the Sub-committees) of the council and their Leaders:
1. Chassis and suspension system committee - Shan Shih, Jiaquan Chen
2. Automotive materials committee - Yucong Wang
3. Vehicle safety and crash-worthiness committee - Stephen Kang, Fuchun Zhu
4. Vehicle Lightweight Design committee - Alan Luo
5. Body design and manufacturing committee - Yuanyao Qian, Frank Lee
6. Electric Vehicles and Hybrids committee - Ke Zhang
7. IT and information committee - Shibin Hu
8. Virtual Engineering and Numerical Methods - Zifeng Nie, Peiran Ding
9. Emission processing and control committee - Guanyu Zheng
10. Vehicle integration & platform committee - Shaun Zhao
11. Surface Engineering - Fred Yang
12. Automobile Marketing Analytics - Jie Du
13. Environmental and Health Impact of Technology - Tai Chan
We will continue to add and develop new specialized committees and strengthen the council administration Secretariat as needed. The committees may be subject to some change, and the council Secretariat will continue to work on the regulation and organizational details. Both the council Secretariat and its committees welcome new leaders and members. Specifically, we are looking for officers in charge of non-automotive field, academics development, Business management, Entrepreneurship and Career development. So, if you wish to contribute your talent and time in a special field, or if you have any good candidates to recommend, please register at: http://detroitengineer.org/registration/2011jul25
or contact the council Secretariat or DCEA board with your resume / bio.
The DCEA technical council continues recruiting new committee members and leaders to provide high quality service to its members and sponsors. Please check the DCEA website for updated information.
DCEA proudly sponsored a group of U of M undergraduate students, who are travelling in China currently, working on survey of seat belt and child car seat usage in China now.
Please following their team blog at:
以常务副理事长兼秘书长邢敏为团长的中国内燃机工业协会(CICEIA) 代表团一行26人，将于6月中旬访问车城底特律。北美华人发动机工程师协会(NAACEE)将于6月15日假Fuji Buffet举行欢迎晚宴，并同时举办内燃机发展专题研讨会，诚邀各位感兴趣的华人朋友出席。
地 点：Fuji Japanese Buffet,
32153 John R Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071
地点：Fuji Buffest, 32153 John R Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071
This event is limited to the first 40 paid golfers (males and females). Scramble format. Registrations are on a first come, first served basis.
FCA and DCEA members, and your friends are encouraged to attend this event! Please come join us for a day of golfing fun, good memories and good company! If you are not a golfer or are unable to pull yourself away for an afternoon, you can still join us for dinner.
This event is sponsored by PDIC.
Attached is the link for
Please contact Ms.Li Jing Jing for more details about this exciting event.
Ms. Li Jing Jing